Pages

Tuesday 6 July 2021

Skittles

 Chromatography is technique for the separation of a mixture by passing it in solution or suspension through a medium in which the components move at different rate.

Aim: To separate the colours from the skittles by using chromatography.

Materials: 

1. skittles

2. water

3. petri dish

4. Beaker

Process:

Step 1: Get your equipment set up ready to pour the 50mls of water into the petri dish with the skittles.

Step 2: Place the skittles into the the petri dish around the edges.

Step 3: Pour 50mls water gently into the middle of the petri dish

Step 4: Watch as the water rewmoves the dye from the skittles. See wich colour reaches the middles fastest

Step 5: Record your results on the table below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.