Pages

Tuesday 6 July 2021

Rainbow Paper

 Aim

Materials

1. Boiling chube

2. Pen marker

3. Water

4. Filter Paper

5. Scissors

6. Test tube stand

7. Ruler

8. Pencil

Process 

Step 1 : cut up the filter paper into strips ready to right on the felt pen.

Step 2:Rule a line 1 cm from the bottom of the paper strip.

Step 3: Put 8 ml of water into the bottom of the boiling tube.

Step 4: Draw two coloured pen dots on the pencil line.

Step 5: Drop the paper strip into the boiling tube and once it is touching the water at thee bottom you can crease the top of the paper over.

Step 6: Watch, taker 2 photos and observe the chromatography process on your paper.

Definition:

Capillary Action:

Filter action

Solvent:

Conclusion

What colours changed the most ? Blue

How many new colours could you see None

Which colour travelled the furthest Blue

 
























No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.